Current Location:HOME > News > News

Wheelchair man, 60, rescued from Nedlands unit fire

Released Date: 2013-10-30 Hits:

AN elderly wheelchair-bound man was treated for smoke inhalation after a cigarette caused a small fire in his Nedlands unit early this morning.
Firefighters and St John ambulance were called to the Stirling Highway unit at about 4am.

The wheelchair-bound man was rescued from the property and taken to hospital.

Firefighters from Daglish and Claremont extinguished the blaze, which caused about $2000 damage.